Sharpness is the main factor taken into consideration while using a knife in the kitchen. A sharp knife gives you hassle-free movements while cutting fruits, vegetables, meat, or steak. Using a dull knife may lead to injury as well as uneven cuts while working in the kitchen. The sharpness and blade edges of the knives fade over a long time. Hence recommended by professionals and manufacturers to fine-tune the knife edges using a sharpener once a week. It will help in retaining the advantages for a long. This article will get information on the top 10 best electric knife sharpener reviews for your kitchen.
What is an Electric Knife Sharpener?
An electric knife sharpener is a tool that helps in tuning the knives when the knife becomes dull or sharpness fades away. You don’t have to make many efforts; slide the knife through the grinding slots—the easiest way to sharpen the kitchen knives and shears. The sharpener is available for all kinds of knife blades such as serrated etc.
Anyone can easily use this sharpener whether you are skilled or using it for the first time.
CAUTION: Go through the manufacturer guide to see whether the knife sharpener is available for the serrated blades or not. Otherwise, it may damage the grinding wheel inside the sharpener.
How to use an Electric Knife Sharpener?
Using an electric knife sharpener is not a big deal; it is easier to use than sharpening steels, Whetstones, and manual knife sharpeners. Most of the sharpeners contain a two or three-stage sharpening process. Here’s the procedure you can follow for sharpening the knives using an electric knife sharpener.
- Firstly, connect the sharpener with an electric point and switch on the sharpener.
- Secondly, if your knife blades are dull, start with the first stage of the sharpening process.
- Now slide the blade part through the first stage and make sure not to put pressure on the knives and a sharpener.
- Follow this procedure three to four times in a row for five to six seconds.
- Now move on to the next stage, i.e. stage two, in which fine-tuning of knife slide the blade edges for four seconds three to four times.
- The knife is ready to use again. In this way, you can use the electric knife sharpener to hone the knife blades.
- In the three-stage knife sharpener, the second stage is for honing, and the third stage is fine-tuning.
- If your knife is dull, go through the first stage; otherwise, you can skip the first step. Use the second and third steps to fine-tune the blade.
- If you are a regular user, then you must sharpen the knives in seven days. For the two-stage sharpener, use the second stage and for the three-stage sharpener, use the third stage for regular users.
Now let’s discuss the best Chef’s Choice Electric Knife Sharpener reviews in detail.
1. Presto 08810 Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
Suppose you want your knife as sharp as the professional chef’s, then check out Presto 08810 Professional Electric Knife Sharpener with a three-stage knife sharpening process. The sharpener comes with a limited warranty of one year. You will see a three-stage blade selector mode which allows you to select the sharpness according to the knife type. For example, if you are using a Santoku knife, you can adjust the dial to the thick mode. For chef knife or utility knife, adjust the dial to the medium and for small knives such as paring, put the dial to the thin model. Here are some key features of the sharpener:
- Three-stage knife sharpening gives you superior edges and an ultimate finish.
- Blade thickness selector so that you can adjust it according to your knife blade thickness.
- Go through the manufacturer’s guide to know more about which blades are suitable for three different modes, i.e. thin, medium, or thick.
- Ceramic grit gives you professional level sharp edges and perfect blade angle for a superior cutting experience.
- Low maintenance cost and remain in the kitchen for long.
- Highly recommended who work all day long in the kitchen since the sharpness of the knives fades in the long run.
- You cannot sharpen serrated knives on this sharpener.
2. Chef’s Choice Trizor XV Edge Select Professional Sharpener
One of the best-selling knife sharpeners. Tried and tested by thousands of chefs and household kitchen. If you are using premium knife sets, then go for the chef’s choice electric knife sharpener. You do not want to ruin your knife blade using a low-quality of knife sharpener. So do not compromise on knife sharpener quality for your knives. Here are some excellent features of these knife sharpeners.
- Serrated and Non-serrated blades can be sharpened through this knife sharpener.
- Using this three-stage knife sharpener gives you a perfect edge angle of 15 degrees.
- The result will be the professional level sharpness which most of the chefs prefer in the kitchen.
- Ease to use; move the knife a few times through each stage for razor-sharp edges.
- If your knife is dull, then go through stage 1; otherwise, start from stage 2 and then move on to stage 3.
- Diamond abrasives for optimum sharpness and edge angle.
- The three-year limited warranty period on the knife sharpener.
- Noise from the sharpener between 65 dB to 75 dB.
3. Presto Eversharp Electric Knife Sharpener Two-Stage Non- Serrated knives
If you are looking for a good and budgeted two-stage knife sharpener for under forty dollars, check out Presto Eversharp Electric Knife Sharpener. A trendy brand with thousands of satisfied customers and excellent reviews. The only thing you need to keep in mind that only non-serrated knives can be sharpened with this sharpener. Here are some outstanding features of this knife sharpener you should know.
- The knife sharpener follows American standards and operates on a 120v supply.
- Two-stage knife sharpening process where the first stage results in perfect blade angle and the second stage gives fine-tuning to the knife.
- Sapphrite grinding wheels an ultra-hard material used in the professional knife sharpening industries.
- The result will be the professional level knife blade sharpness which can easily pierce and slice anything.
- Read the manufacturer guide for operational methods and how to sharpen the knives using a knife sharpener.
4. Wusthof Precision Edge Technology One Touch Knife Sharpener
One of the technologically advanced knife sharpeners and personally used by famous chefs for honing their knives. The knife sharpener consists of three stages controlled by the three separate switches and work using Precision Edge Technology. The first stage is the Refine which maintains the edge angle of the blade. The second stage sharpens the knives to their optimum level, and the third stage is to give tune and polish the blade for the finishing touch. Here are some features of the Wusthof electric Knife Sharpener.
- The sharpener can be used for honing all knife blades, which includes the premium knife set.
- Three-stage sharpening process which can make a dull knife to ultra-sharp edges.
- In this sharpener, there is three grit belt that sharpens the knife according to their stages.
- Three years of limited warranty on this sharpener.
- Another best feature of this sharpener is that it can be used for both serrated and non-serrated knives.
- Ease to use, switch on and select the stage, i.e. 1,2 or 3 according to the knife condition.
- Read the above steps on how to use a knife sharpener and get basic information about knife sharpening.
- The only maintenance you need to require is the grit belt which will last for two years or more.
- Go through the manufacturer manual for more information about the sharpener.
5. Linkyo Electric Knife Sharpener For Premium Knives
If you are using premium or mid-budget knives, then many of you buyers have a fear in mind that using the low-quality knife sharpener may damage the blade edges, which is somewhat true. But no worries, Linkyo Electric Knife Sharpener gives you perfect sharpness without damaging your knife edges. If you want to sharp like a pro at your home, this knife sharpener is for you. Basic self-sharpening steps are already explained above, so go through that. You will grasp basic information on sharpening; otherwise, go through the manufacturer guide—some excellent features about the knife sharpener.
- Two-stage knife sharpener where the first stage sharpens and rejuvenates the edges. In the second stage, tuning and polishing are done results in a professional sharpness level.
- Automatic blade positioning is one of the best features of this sharpener.
- Do not use scissors and serrated blades on this product only for straight-edged knives.
- Compatible with the Americans power standards, i.e. 120 volts.
- Make sure not to put any downward pressure on the sharpener; move the knife horizontally through the slots.
- Now cutting fruits, vegetables, and steak becomes easy with the knife, so at least sharpen the edges in a week to preventing the blades from becoming dull.
6. Smith Edge Pro Compact Electric Knife Sharpener
If you are seeking a budgeted knife sharpener for your kitchen, then checkout smith electric knife sharpener. A compact tool for easy sharpening the blades anytime and anywhere. If you are using premium knives and then this is not the recommended knife sharpener. But for mid-range and low-budget knives, you can use this sharpener. The best of this sharpener is that it contains both the mechanical as well as manual sharpening elements.
- Coarse grit is present inside the sharpener to give a perfect edge angle to the knife.
- The outer body of the sharpener made from synthetic material.
- A rubber handle is there to provide you with a good grip while doing the sharpening process.
- Two-stage knife sharpening process where the first stage is the electric one and second stage you have to do the fine-tuning of the knife by doing it manually.
- It prevents de-tampering of the blades while sharpening and gives you the uniform edge angle and precise sharpness to the blades.
- Limited time warranty checks out the manufacturer’s guide for more information about the knife sharpener.
7. Chef’s Choice Three Stage 20 Degrees Blade Angle With Diamond Abrasives Sharpener
A trendy and most popular knife sharpeners brand that can sharpen any dull knife and convert it into an extremely sharp knife in seconds. A three-stage knife sharpener comes with precision angle control and auto adjust the blade angle when you put it in the slots. These types of sharpeners last long for many years in the kitchen. The only maintenance required is the grit change every two years. Leave away all the conventional sharpening methods and start using the chef’s choice sharpener. Here are some excellent features of the sharpener.
- Diamond abrasives on the first and second stage of sharpening.
- The result will ultra-fine polished edge with a blade angle of 20 degrees on both sides.
- A limited warranty of 3 years on this product.
- All the knives such as chef’s, butcher, pocket, paring, and serrated can easily
- Get long-lasting sharp edges in seconds without any hassle.
- The highest quality of steel can be sharpened easily without damaging the blade edges.
- Get more information on the manufacturer’s guide about the operation of the sharpener.
8. Worksharp E2 Pocket And Kitchen Knife Sharpener
Whether you have a pocket knife, kitchen shears, or kitchen knife, any blade can be sharpened using a Worksharp electric knife sharpener. There are two different sharpening slots in this sharpener, and in the middle of the sharpener, there is a honing wheel. One is for sharpening the knives, and on the other spaces, you can sharpen kitchen scissors. One of the highly recommended knife sharpeners and a good giftable product to your dearest ones. Here are some key features of the work sharp knife sharpener.
- It can sharpen all the knives includes serrated, non-serrated, and pocket knives.
- The result is even blade edges with this sharpener.
- The honing wheel lasts up to 100 knives sharpening knives, i.e. two years before the wheel is replaced.
- Compact and easy to use does not take too much space in your kitchen.
- Quickly sharpen the highest level of blades with perfection.
- Read the manufacturer manual to know about the operation and use of the sharpener.
9. Edgekeeper Standard Two Stage Sharpener
Looking for a low-budget sharpener, then checkout Edgekeeper’s two-stage knife sharpener. The knife can easily sharpen low and mid-range knives with perfection. To keep in mind that do not use this sharpener for premium knives; use good quality sharpeners for high-end knives. Here are some key features of the sharpener.
- The sharpener’s slots are built in such a way that it gives you a perfect blade angle when you slide the knife through slots.
- Get professional results with an ultra-fine edge by sharpening knives in the kitchen.
- Easy to clean and doing maintenance by merely removing the magnets which hold all the metal shavings.
- Go through the manual for more information about the sharpener.
- One year of limited warranty on the sharpener.
- Non-slip feet at the bottom of the sharpener prevent the sharpener from slipping down while sharpening the knife.
10. Worksharp Multipurpose Tool And Kitchen Knife Sharpener
The best multipurpose sharpening tool can sharpen a wide range of devices such as knives, shovels, Lawn mover, etc. One of the best reason to choose this sharpener as it is a universal tool which every household needs. One year of limited warranty on the product. Here are some key features of the sharpener.
- There are three different abrasive grit belts, i.e. Coarse, Medium, and Fine, for various sharpening stages.
- One of the features of abrasive belts is that they do not damage the blade steel during sharpening.
- All types of knives, which include the outdoor and the kitchen, can be sharpened with this sharpener.
- The kitchen knife’s edge angle sharpens at 40 degrees, while the outdoor knife’s sharpening angle of 50 degrees.
- Serrated, Non-serrated, kitchen shears anything which requires sharpening can be done with this sharpener.
- The warranty is available for the North American 110v power supply applications.
- The sharpener also works with the 12v inverter battery of cars, boats, trucks, etc.
FAQ’s on Best Electric Knife Sharpener
- What is the best electric knife sharpener?
After extensive research on the knife sharpeners here, we got the ten best electric knife sharpeners out of which three-knife sharpener; we have selected three all-time sharpeners based on reviews, ratings, durability, and easy to use.
- Chef’s Choice Electric Knife Sharpener
- Wusthof Electric Knife Sharpener
- Presto Eversharp Electric Knife Sharpener
- Are electric knife sharpeners bad for knives?
All the knife sharpeners are good, whether it is electric, whetstone, or honing steel. It depends on your knife sharpening skills. The electric knife sharpener will give you some level of sharpness, blade angle, and edge retention as you get in other sharpeners.
- Do self-sharpening knives work?
Yes, self-sharpening knives work but use them in the correct order, i.e. use the manufacturer guide. Also, the knife blade condition is the main factor, whether it is dull or requires fine-tuning.
- How long does an electric knife sharpener last?
Electric Knife sharpeners last for a long in the kitchen. Although it depends on how you handle the sharpener? Maintenance and cleaning of the sharpener are necessary to work in the long run.
If you think that Electric Knife Sharpener maintenance costs are high, then you are wrong. It would be best to change the gritstone or belt inside the sharpener once in two years. It is based on how many times did you do the sharpening process. If you are a daily user, sharpen the knives in a week; otherwise, do the knife sharpening every month. I hope that this article is informative for you in selecting the best electric knife sharpener for your kitchen.